Review Bosch Rotak 40 Electric Rotary Lawn Mower

Review Bosch Rotak 40 Electric Rotary Lawn Mower
I don't write reviews unless something comes along that redifines anything before it. This is only my 3rd review on Amazon. And yes, its only a lawnmower so whats the big deal? Well, I love my garden, but am not too keen on the inevitable hard graft required to keep it looking good. I have a medium sized to large lawn, most of which is even, but parts which are not, and like it or not, its me that has to mow the darn thing.

I've tried several mowers over the past 5 years, including Flymo hover types (despite all the marketing hype, and several different models, proved to be very little grass collected for lot of hovering ) and a couple of cylinder mowers ( the best one being a Qualcast all metal mower, which works OK on flat areas but scuffs on uneven parts and is heavy to manouver ) this is the mower I used last season and which I'd had the best results with........until I saw the lawn cut with friends Rotak 40.

So I bought one.

If I hadn't seen what this mower can do, I would never have paid £119 for what basically looks like a cheap plastic mower designed for a postage stamp lawn. And I have to admit, I have my reservations as to how long it will last ( has a year guarantee though ). Its all plastic for goodness sake !! But the results this machine produces are simply stunning. I like my grass cut short, and use this at the minimum cut of 2cm. The lawn almost looks like a bowling green, at this setting. It only takes one mow to cut, and is easy and lightweight to manouver. It has 2 carrier handles built into the mower, which makes it easy to pick-up for transport. The flimsy looking grassbox, does its job admirably, the grass collected being compacted, means it holds at least twice as much as my conventional Qualcast cylinder grassbox. It cuts up right to the edge of the mower ( yes it realy does! ) meaning I can steer the mower round my Apple trees without having to use the strimmer. Underneath, on the back, is a plastic roller, which gives a stryped effect ( not as good as the qualcast, but still noticeable). And, here's the crunch.......this mower will cut on its lowest setting (ie bowling green!! ) without scuffing on uneven lawns.

I am quite literally bowled over by this rotary machine, the ease of use and the results I've achieved, and indeed the time saved mowing. I paid over £300 for an excellent quality Qualcast electric mower 2 years ago, but this mower blows it away, in performance and ease of use. UNBELIEVABLE.

The question is, how long will it last...it is plastic for goodness sake !!!!!!

More Detail -----> Bosch Rotak 40 Electric Rotary Lawn Mower



0 comments:

Post a Comment